Tuesday, January 22, 2013
Potatoes a la SIL
Potatoes a la SIL (Oven-baked sliced potatoes)
Ingredients:
Bag new or small red potatoes (I added a couple of sweet potatoes, too.)
Minced fresh garlic
Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper
Red pepper flakes
Fresh and/or dried herbs (esp. parsley or rosemary)
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Slice potatoes however you like (cubed, chunked, or sliced). I like to leave the skins on b/c there are a lot of good nutrients in there (and it's easier :).
3. Mince about 1 T. of garlic (more if you like 'em garlicky like I do!)
4. Toss potatoes and garlic with olive oil (about 3 T?)
5. Season with kosher salt, fresh cracked pepper, a dash of red pepper flakes, and whatever other fresh or dried herbs are to your liking (I like fresh parsley or rosemary, but often just use whatever I have on hand--if anything); toss to mix
6. Spread potatoes on a metal baking sheet, and put in oven on the top rack. Bake 25-40 minutes, depending on how crispy you like them.
Eat leftovers for breakfast with a fried egg. Enjoy!
(This recipe comes from my wonderful sister-in-law, aka "SIL".)
Labels:
recipe
